Sunday, January 25, 2009

LIFE IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU'RE BUSY MAKING OTHER PLANS

Why I started this blog site...
I have had many bad health days and several good ones. I don' know when either will come so I have tried to simplify what's going on with me into one location. Here family and friends can check up on me without me forgetting who I told what to or when (esp. on the bad days when you may not here from me for several days).

Health is not valued till sickness comes...
In Mid-August of 2008 I started to become sick with what I thought was just a very bad cough do to exposure to an unhealthy classroom that I moved into. After trying to wait it out the cough became worst and I gained other symptoms that looked similar to a respiratory infection. After several trips to the doctor he could not find anything wrong. I waited and things just got worse. Imagine coughing so hard you put your back out for a few days, sever joint pain, or running 103 degree fevers daily yet still having to go to work. By then I started to have problems with my stomach, couldn't eat because it was too painful and was losing a lot of weight. My doctor finally referred me to a specialist.

After multiple tests I was finally diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. For more info visit: http://www.crohnsonline.com/ or http://www.livingwithcrohnsdisease.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment