Sunday, January 25, 2009

PAIN IS INEVITABLE, SUFFERING IS OPTIONAL

If at first you don't succeed...
There are several methods for treating Crohns. Although nothing can cure it there are ways to maintain a somewhat normal lifestyle with proper medications. Now the trick is finding the right one! Let's just say that I have definitely perfected the art of patience (although on my bad, more painful days some may disagree with me).

By the end of Thanksgiving 08' I had lost a total of 4o pounds in just over 3 months and was still not eating enough. The only energy I had was to stare at the wall during the day and go to the restroom. Other than that I was usually sleeping a lot. My doctor did not like how I was doing. The medicines were maintaining me from getting worse internally, but were not helping me get better, which they should have been doing. He ordered a CAT scan and more blood work. At the same time I was referred to another doctor who would oversee my other general health issues and would work together with my specialist. (By the way these two doctors make a great team!!! I really feel like I'm being taken care of.)

By perseverance even the snail reached the ark...
Finally, I am EATING AGAIN!!!!!!! After Christmas I started a few new medicines in combination to what I was taking. I would not say that on a scale of 1 to 10 that I am a 10-normal again. I am more normal than I've been for the past few months though. I am eating full meals, my fevers are almost completely gone, my join pains have almost completely subsided and I can walk up the stairs without problems. I still have pain that comes and goes but I would say that as of today I feel like a strong 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment