Sunday, January 25, 2009

NEVER A DULL MOMENT

The only thing that makes life possible is the uncertainty of what comes next...
Just when you think everything is finally going to calm down and turn normal again you get a phone call. My doctors detected something abnormal from my CAT scan so they wanted me to get an MRI done.

January 09' Happy New Year????
To sum it all up to this point I have seen two more specialist and have been told that I have a cyst/tumor 11cm big (this is called endometriosis/endometrioma) growing on one of my ovaries. They do not think it is cancerous, but just in case it must be removed due to the complications of how it is positioned. If it doesn't grow any bigger, cause any pain, or pop I will have it surgically removed after school finishes in June. Unfortunately, since the cyst is the size of a grapefruit I can not have the less invasive surgery. I must have a laparotomy which will require 4-6 weeks of recuperation if there are no complications. Yet another fun summer awaits me!

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment